- Our very own Coaches Cheryl Brost and Albert Police qualified to compete at the International CrossFit Games in Carson, California last summer finishing with impressive placings overall. Cheryl missing the podium by only one place finishing 4th overall after the three day competition. And Albert missing finals by one place finishing an impressive 11th overall in the world.
- HIBBC (Hawaii Island Barbell Club at CFAS) head Coach Wayne Hess competed is Texas this year at the International Weightlifting Federation's Masters World Cup in Texas! He ended up with top rankings in his session of lifters and a positive performance overall. This allowed him to come back and help our lifters at home who want to also compete in the sport of Weightlifting.
- Our home athletes and CFAS community made a presence at every CrossFit event on our island including the Summer Showdown and the Double Trouble competition in Kona. We also provided judges, volunteers and equipment to help support our neighbor gyms.
- We can be proud of hosting another AllStar Round-Up for the 4th year in a row...arguably one of the most talked about comptitions in the State of Hawaii at this time. Without a doubt, all of us collectively shine through this annual event in the way we come together to host it. We have the most amazing community both Josh and I feel blessed and incredibly appreciative of everything that all of you put into what we do here TOGETHER at the Round-Up!
- Additionally, this year we volunteered to be part of the Special Olympics powerlifting program and held the annual Area meet right here at CFAS for the first time.
- We also hosted our Annual USAW sanctioned Weightlifting event the Barbell Rodeo along with several other weightlifting events including 'Snatch What Yo Mama Gave Ya' which raised over $500 for We Empower Youth to help fight childhood obesity.
- And this year's Holiday Weightlifting Recital brought in almost 300lbs of food for the hungry thanks to Carolyn's thoughts to use the entry fee this year of non-perishable food.
- The Kupuna program thrives, and despite Kameichi's injuries sustained outside the gym, his training has helped him recover and he lives to exercise and keep training even at almost 102 years.
- 2 of our Gym families HAD BABIES THIS YEAR!!!
- We now host a Parkinson's Fitness class every Wednesday at 2pm taught by Madeline FREE or by donation to Madeline.
- We have athletes training here who have been CrossFitting for over 5 years, and new community members coming to join the 'Ohana regularly. This years Christmas Eve WOD (also Koai'a's 12th Birthday WOD!) had 33 people in attendance ages ranging from 8 years to 70+ with multiple families training together parents with their kids! We are TOGETHER STRONG, our mission is real, and it's all happening!
See you at the All-Star Christmas party Saturday night 5:30 PM please register on Eventbright follow the link to the right
Leslie Shiotani & Alika Ho'omana from Ho'omana Strength & Conditioning at last weekends HIBBC Holiday Weightlifting Recital!
63 kg / 138 lbs
Donated to the food basket.
There are over 200 people in our community who are in need of food every month.
Darlene, Laurie, Claire, and a bunch of volunteers all help out to cook a hot meal every Wednesday and prepare boxes of non-perishable food items for families who show up on Church Row
In Carolyn's words "CrossFit All-Star and HIBBC did a totally awesome thing.!"
Next year we'll run the food drive all week! Looking forward to next year!
THIS IS A FOOD DRIVE BRING YOUR CANNED GOODS FOR WAIMEA FOOD BANK! Join us for the 2nd Annual Holiday Weightlifting Recital THIS SATURDAY Dec.12th!