ANNOUNCING THE 5TH ANNUAL ALLSTAR ROUND-UP!
ALL CFAS ATHLETES I'M ENCOURAGING YOU TO ENTER THIS YEAR! HELP US SET A GYM RECORD FOR THE MOST ATHLETES COMPETING FROM ANY GYM PLEASE!!!!
Scroll down for event description, business sponsorship and advertising opportunities, and volunteer details! MAHALO!
ALWAYS CHECK EVENTBRITE TO REGISTER & STAY CURRENT WITH THE LATEST UPDATES ON THIS YEAR'S ROUND-UP!
We are grateful to all our volunteers who want to be part of this great event, VOLUNTEERS MUST REGISTER ONLINE AT THE EVENTBRITE LINK ABOVE so we can assign duties for the event and get yo ur shirt size!
AllStar Round-Up 5!
The purpose of the AllStar Round-Up is to come together in a community to be something greater than you can be alone. We provide an inclusive fitness experience that showcases the talent we have here in Hawaii and beyond, including kids, kupuna, and people with physical and sometimes mental disabilities. We provide an optimal, comprehensive & competitive fitness experience so that everyone leaves feeling like a winner!
Please see below and take a moment to watch a video about the purpose of this event!
You'll need a bunkhouse, event is 2 days!
FRIDAY, VETERANS DAY. Nov. 11, 6:30am(athlete check-in)-6pm
SATURDAY, Nov. 12, 7:00am-6:00pm
Schedule of Events DAY 1
Friday Nov. 11, Veteran's Day
- 6:30am- 7:30am Athlete Check-In at CFAS
- 7:30am-7:40am Group Picture (Athletes/Volunteers)
- 7:40am-8:10am Opening Ceremony
- 8:10am-8:25am WOD#1 'FRAN' Workout Description and Movement Standards
- 8:30am WOD#1 START....(11:20am approx. FINISH time subject to change depending on number of entries)
- 9am - 12:00 noon Skills Test #1 performed outside gym (to be announced)
- 9am - 2:00pm Skills Test #2 performed outside gym (to be announced)
- 11:30am Kupuna CrossFit Honorary Ceremony...(12:00noon FINISH) (30:00 total)
- 12:00noon WOD#2 (to be announced) workout description and movement standards
- 12:15pm WOD #2 START...(2:15pm FINISH time subject to change depending on number of entries)
- 2:45pm WOD #3 (to be announced) workout description and movement standards
- 3:00pm WOD #3 START...(5:00pm FINISH)
- 5:15pm Mystery WOD #4 Announcement ALL ATHLETES REQUIRED TO BE PRESENT TO HEAR ANNOUNCEMENT. WORKOUT WILL NOT BE POSTED BEFORE THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.
Schedule of Events DAY 2,
Saturday Nov. 12th
- 7:00am Athletes required to be at box for Mystery WOD #4 events
- 10:00am KIDS EVENT Check in , turn in donations
- 10:45 Kids staged in Warm up area
- 11:00am KIDS intro & event
- 11:30am WOD #5 (to be announced) workout description and movement standards
- 11:45am WOD #5 START...(1:45pm FINISH time subject to change depending on number of entries)
- 2:10 Entertainment
- Approx 2:45pm Final WOD for top 4 competitors announced
- 3:00-3:15 Set up for finals
- Approx 3:15pm Finals START...(4:15pm Approx FINISH)
- Approx 5:30pm Medals Ceremony and closing blessing
- 6:00pm PAU!
Our goal is to showcase ALL athletes including adults, kids, kupuna, and people with disabilities. We will provide an optimal competitive fitness experience so that everyone leaves feeling like a winner!
- 8 Divisions include:
- Open Men/Women
- Scaled Men/Women
- Masters Men/Women (40+ yrs.)
- Teens 11/12yrs, 13/14yrs, 15/16yrs., 17/18yrs. older than 18 encouraged to enter scaled) Teens will be run in a mixed age/gender heat, but awards will be given to ALL TEENS
- WE WILL HAVE 16 SPOTS AVAILABLE FOR TEAMS 'MIXED OPEN PARTNER PAIRS' (1MALE/1FEMALE), THE DIVISION WILL ONLY USE THE OPEN WEIGHTS AND STANDARDS (you may ask us to scale your workout but you will not score higher that another RX team in a workout).
- We have based ticket availability on last years participation.
- We reserve the right to sell more, or less tickets of certain divisions based on need and interest. Registration is limited, please reserve your spot before it sells out if you want to compete! We cannot accomodate last minute entries. No refunds, no transfers.
- If you wait, there is a chance we might move tickets from some divisions and place them available in other divisions that need tickets. We will do our best to spread the tickets out between all the various divisions. If you want to compete, purchase a ticket early so we can be sure to provide enough for all.
- Event will be 2 days long! Scores from Days 1 & 2 will be compiled.
- Entry fee includes event shirt if you register by the Nov. 1st deadline. Be sure to specify Mens/Womens & size when you register online. If you register after Nov. 1 you will NOT be guaranteed an event shirt! We are not ordering extra this year!!!!
- WODs to be announced. Expect 3 events on Day 1. Expect 1+ event for everyone on Day 2, with a final event for top 4 competitors in each division. Skills tests will be given throughout the weekend for everyone. More info to come about this!
- Anyone can enter, even if unaffiliated with a CrossFit box!
- FREE spectator admission.
- FREE ENTERTAINMENT!
- Chuck Wagon will be on site for food purchase around lunch time
- Confident volunteers, equipment organizers & Judges needed (FREE T-Shirt included!) Volunteers MUST get a free ticket and complete the online questionsaire after ticket purchase. Volunteers should register by Nov. 1 to guarantee a shirt gets ordered for you!
- Early registration will be from Oct 11-Oct. 31, 2016
- Late registration will be from Nov. 1- Nov. 11 (not guaranteed a shirt!)
- Registration will CLOSE Wednesday, Nov. 9th, midnight
- KIDS EVENT Saturday Nov 12th 10am! Stay tuned for more info!
It’s coming.... November 11th & 12th more than 120 CrossFit athletes of all ages will compete at the 5th Annual AllStar Round-Up at CrossFit AllStar in Waimea, on the Big Island of Hawaii. The 5th Annual Round-Up is expected to draw more than 250 spectators, as the popularity of the event grows in size each year. The AllStar Round-Up is the premier Individual CrossFit event in the State of Hawaii at this time, with athletes coming from all cardinal points on Hawaii Island, from outer islands, and even from the Mainland. Athletes come to compete and put their training to the ultimate test of fitness, together with a supportive and enthusiastic community of spectators.
We are seeking sponsors and donations for this outstanding event again this year! Advertise your services or goods to this massive gathering of CrossFit athletes & spectators that faithfully come back each year! You will also be supporting our community based gym which provides services to all peoples including children, special needs individuals, and special populations like our Kupuna CrossFitters 80 years and older.
See our multi-level business sponsorship packages attached. We want to do what works for you, either by promoting who you are, or by accepting a gift from your business that reflects who you are. We will graciously accepts donations that we may use to give our athlete winners, Lucky Prize winners, or as kids event prizes.
Everyone involved in the event is committed to excellence and setting the standard for Individual CrossFit style fitness competitions on our island and in the state. We appreciate partnering with businesses who also seek that same level of excellence.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask!
Please reply to this email is you would like to contribute! We are grateful to work with businesses that support our mission. Your donation helps us host this event! We're also looking for goods or services we can use for prizes! MAHALO!
Hope to see you at the 2016 AllStar Round-Up!
KC Stallsmith & The CFAS staff